Top Five Things I Did in 2013
- Survived a year of +1 and gloriously celebrated her first birthday in November.
- Visited Ireland for two months during the summer, and laid the ground for a future there.
- Family (finally) visting us in Korea to celebrate Claire’s 100 Days.
- Representing the Irish Community in Korea and laying a wreath at the newly laid Memorial for the Irish Who Fell During the Korean War.
- Getting a new camera (a bit commercial and consumerist, but I am so happy to have it)
Top Five Things I’m Looking Forward to in 2014
- More family fun!
- Moving back to Ireland
- Starting my doctorate (fingers crossed)
- The next two months in Thailand
- More rejection letters… 😉
Top Five Things I Should Seek to Do More in 2014
- Get paid to write
- Find the right family-work-writing time balance
- Get more writing published
- Learn to appreciate moments without a camera or story as a goal of the experience.
- Be more physically active and socially engaged, and less staring at the internet.
People I’ll miss in 2014
- T.P., my grandfather, a scurulous rouge but as generous and warm hearted as they come. Without him I wouldn’t be where I am today.
- 할머니, or I should say Herself’s 할머니, who passed away a few weeks ago. Another person who had a big say in my and Herself’s future together.
- More and more friends who move around the world, always looking for work, homes, or just some new challenge (myself and included)
Top Five Tips For Living in 2014
- Drink, of course, but don’t drink so much you can’t remember. Life is actually alright when you’re not locked, but do remember to get locked, that is important. Oh, and if you are drinking, drink nice beer/wine/whiskey, the price is worth the difference.
- Turn off the internet.
- Read those books you said you would last year.
- Give it up.
- Start a hobby, and if you have one already, improve your ability at it.
What’s your Top Five from 2013, or for 2014?