The end of the year is all about looking back on what happened, what was said, who did this, and other stuff. As a blogger I like to look back at what I wrote, but also what was read. It certainly hasn’t been my most productive year, with a few long gaps in between writing, and while of course it has been a memorable year, it has equally been a notable year.
A few bloggins milestones for me to brag about:
- I had the single highest monthly visits to this blog in April with 3065 hits.
- The same can be said for the average daily visits, with 102 being the average for April also.
- There were 63 posts in 2014
- As of 3.30pm on December 31, 2014 there have 28,231 visits this year – I know some blogs get that in a day, but this is my blog and this figure is an improvement of 4,000 visits on last year.
Here are some of the moments which mattered for me in 2014.
- We moved back to Ireland in July.
- We left Korea after four and half fantastic years.
- I got paid for writing a poem (still haven’t cashed the cheque).
- We spent two and bit great, warm months in Thailand, and learned a valuable lesson in the importance of travel insurance.
- Myself and Herself found out we’d be having another baby in the middle of next year.
- I got an commendation from the Irish Association of Korea and from the Embassy of Ireland in Korea for my services promoting Irish culture in Korea.
- I signed on the dole a few months after coming back to Ireland.
- I lost my camera somewhere just before Christmas.
- I got accepted into an EdD course in the University of Glasgow.
- I read a couple of poems at an official PEN Korea event
- and other stuff…
Here are a few photographs which mattered to me in 2014
Moving country left me without my (good) computer for over four months so I was without a satisfactory way of editing and uploading shots from July through to almost late November, so there’s a bit of a gap in the timeline. I did get a new phone however, and that seems to be doing a really nice job of taking and sharing photos online.
And of course before I forget, this is a blog, and it is one on which I write on. So without getting bogged down in too much fanfare here are the five most read posts written and shared in 2014:
- I Just Want to Scream
- Saint Patrick’s Day in Seoul, 2014
- 10 Things About Korea
- People Have Their Own Problems To Worry About. You Don’t Need to Hear About Mine
So that’s it. The end of 2014, and next up we have 2015. I hope to keep battling away here at the keys for the forseeable future. Thanks for your comments, contributions, and readership. Oh, and happy new year to you and all those special to you!